Aldridge Borden is a full-service certified public accounting firm based in Montgomery Alabama that was founded in 1918. Along with our other 2 locations in Wetumpka, Alabama and Auburn, Alabama, our accounting practice has been able to deliver an array of services in the state of Alabama and across the southeast.
While our core practice areas include auditing, planning, and compliance, our staff of professional accountants delivers a suite of more specialized accounting services. Our specialized accounting services include:
- Management advisory services
- Business Valuation
- Personal Financial Services
- Estate and Gift Tax Planning
- Tax Consulting
- Information Technology Consultation
- Marketing Consultation
- OneSource, our cloud-based accounting solution for medium and small businesses
Our clients range from individuals to some of the larger businesses in the area, and represent every facet of the economy, including manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, contractors, real estate, professional firms, medical practices, trade associations and charitable agencies, among others.
In the early 1900s, he moved to Montgomery as the Keeper of the Seal (Secretary-Treasurer) for the local chapter of the Knights of Columbus. Mr. Aldridge began offering his services as an accountant and tax advisor to the general public in 1918, and quickly became known throughout central and south Alabama as a leading authority on the Internal Revenue code.
In 1919, he and several other practitioners in the state organized the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants. This group of founders administered the first Uniform CPA Examination in Alabama to each other, and received certificates from the American Institute. Mr. Aldridge was the first chairman of the Alabama State Board of Public Accountancy, and signed his own certificate as Chairman. Mr. Aldridge was issued the second certificate in the state of Alabama (Certificate Number 2), dated July 19, 1919, by the Alabama Society. His photograph and certificate hold a place of honor in our main reception area.
After World War II, Mr. Aldridge admitted John R. Borden and Charles Jones as partners. The firm practiced as Aldridge, Borden and Jones until 1957. The firm was then renamed Aldridge, Borden & Company. The firm has been located in downtown Montgomery throughout its existence. Since 1983, we have occupied our present offices on Commerce Street, less than a block from the historic Court Square Fountain in the center of the city’s financial district.