- Dane grew up in Montgomery and graduated from Auburn University with a BS in Business Administration (Accounting)
- Dane joined Aldridge, Borden & Company in October 1990
- As a partner who works in both the attestation and consulting service groups, Dane specializes in litigation support services, business valuation services, and merger and acquisition services
- In addition to being a Certified Public Accountant, he has also earned the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) and Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) designations.
- He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Dane and his wife, Leah have two children, Chris and Haley, who are now married
- He is actively involved at Woodland United Methodist Church, where he serves in various capacities (financial secretary, SS teacher, finance committee) and works in foreign missions
- Dane is a member of the Board of CPAmerica