- After beginning her accounting career at Aldridge, Borden in 1998, Rena left to spend several years in Greenville, Alabama, where she specialized in income tax as well as audits of non-profit organizations and local governments
- She rejoined the firm in 2006 as a manager in the taxation service group, where she provides both income tax and attestation services to clients in a variety of industries
- She is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants
- She earned an Associate of Science degree with highest honors from Lurleen B. Wallace Community College, followed by a B.S. (magna cum laude) and MBA from Auburn University Montgomery
- Rena and her family reside in her hometown of Greenville.