HOW TO USE TAX CADDY | TAXCADDY FAQ's TaxCaddy’s Photo-Scan Feature Instead of using the…
Q: Which internet browser works best with TaxCaddy?
A: When using TaxCaddy, Google Chrome is recommended. However, Firefox, Edge and Safari are also supported. TaxCaddy is not supported on Internet Explorer. For best results when using TaxCaddy.com on a tablet or mobile device, we recommend flipping the device to landscape orientation for best results.
Q: Where can I find the TaxCaddy mobile app? Do I have to get it?
A: For anyone with a smartphone or tablet device, the TaxCaddy app is a great addition. By using the app, you can take pictures of paper documents and upload them as you receive them (similar to depositing a check using your mobile banking app). You can also send a message to your Aldridge Borden tax advisor from any location where you have internet connection. The app is not required, but it certainly adds features to make your tax filing process easier. To download the app, use the link for your type of mobile device:
Q: Can my spouse, or someone else, access my TaxCaddy account? Can I remove someone from accessing my account?
A: Whether it’s a spouse or someone else, you can invite the person you select to be an additional user on your account. The user you decide to add can upload important documents, view tax documents you’ve already uploaded and review some tax documents your tax professional uploads. Adding a spouse as your additional user allows him or her to sign any spouse-related documents. At any time, you can take away an additional user’s access.
Q: How do I connect my TaxCaddy account to Aldridge Borden & Company?
A: Aldridge Borden will request to connect with you. By connecting with Aldridge Borden, you’ll be able to communicate with your tax advisor, and he or she will have access to the tax documents you upload in TaxCaddy. You can find the request on the overview screen under Tax Pro Requests. Open the request and click on the green “Accept Connection” bar. If you don’t see a connection request, click here to send a request form to request that a connection invite be sent. Once you are connected to us, you will see requests from us when we issue your engagement letter, questionnaire and requested items list.
Q: How do I upload a document(s)?
A: To upload documents to TaxCaddy you can either use taxcaddy.com or the mobile app. Click here for instructions.
Q: What if I have questions or need help?
A: For TaxCaddy assistance, use the following resources:
- TaxCaddy Help Center: You can access the Help Center from your account. In the top right corner where your account name is located, click to open the menu. Select Help to be taken to the Help Center.
- Contact your Aldridge Borden representative.
- Send us a message through your TaxCaddy Account. Click on the Messages screen and then click the plus sign in the Message Threads column to create a new message.
- Contact TaxCaddy. (Please note: TaxCaddy does not provide phone support.)
- Submit your request online through your TaxCaddy account. On the Overview screen, click on the Support button in the bottom left. Then click Contact Us and complete the form. You can also send an email directly to email@example.com.
- Support hours are Monday through Friday from 7 am to 5 pm PST, excluding holidays.
Q: How do I use the Smart Link option to connect with my broker?
A: Smart Links create a link between TaxCaddy and your financial institution. This feature saves you a step by allowing TaxCaddy to retrieve documents (your W-2, 1099, or 1098, for example) directly from your financial institution rather than you having to manually upload the documents. Click here to see the full list of financial institutions with which TaxCaddy can connect.Follow these steps to add a Smart Link to a document retrieval account using TaxCaddy.com on your PC, Mac or Tablet. Concerned about the security using Smart Links? Don’t worry. TaxCaddy will only use this information to transfer your tax documents from your institution to your TaxCaddy account. TaxCaddy uses the highest industry-standard 256-bit SSL data encryption to ensure the safety of your personal information. Click here for more information on Smart Links security.
Q: Can I upload documents any time?
A: Yes! You can access your account 24/7 from any location with internet connection and use your smartphone or tablet to take photos and upload the documents or receipts you wish to store in your TaxCaddy account.
Q: Can I use TaxCaddy for all types of tax returns?
A: TaxCaddy is designed for your individual income tax return (also known as Form 1040). The categories, questionnaire and document request list are based on your individual income tax return. However, if you have tax documents for a trust tax return, for example, you can upload those documents to TaxCaddy. Just be sure to note that the document contains “trust” in the file name and that you place it into a category that is completely separate from your individual tax documents. If you upload additional documents that aren’t for your individual tax return, please let your tax professional know.
Q: Can I upload my child’s tax documents to TaxCaddy?
A: If your child has a small number of tax documents, it’s okay to upload them to your TaxCaddy account. Be sure to include your child’s name in the file name and place the document(s) in a separate category. If you’re not sure whether to add them to your TaxCaddy account, send us message through TaxCaddy, and we’ll be happy to discuss further.
Q: How secure is TaxCaddy?
A: In today’s world, keeping your personal information secure is extremely important. TaxCaddy has been independently audited, tested and validated by C-Level Security, LLC. The C-Level Certified Seal verifies that TaxCaddy employs the strictest security steps for safeguarding your data. In addition, TaxCaddy uses Amazon Web Services for secure, reliable storage. Your documents are encrypted in transit and at rest using Amazon’s best-in-class Secure Socket Layer and Server Side Encryption technologies. Rest assured, both Aldridge Borden and TaxCaddy take the security of your data very seriously. To read more about security, click here.
Q: Will I be signing my individual income tax return through TaxCaddy?
A: No. While TaxCaddy offers this feature, Aldridge Borden uses SafeSend Returns for secure delivery of your tax return. Since TaxCaddy is integrated with SafeSend Returns, once you sign your e-file authorization forms, a copy of your tax return will automatically be added to your TaxCaddy account.
Q: I can’t get into my TaxCaddy account.
A: First, make sure you’re logging in to TaxCaddy with the proper email address for your account. If you forgot your password, you can reset it on the TaxCaddy login webpage. Click here for instructions on resetting your password. Make sure all fields are correctly filled out. If you still can’t log in, check your email to see if your account has been temporarily locked. Click here for additional answers to common login problems. You can also contact TaxCaddy support by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and explaining your situation.
Q: How do I keep my TaxCaddy account secure?
- TaxCaddy uses two-factor authentication to help keep your account secure by prompting you to enter a security code each time you log in. This is a required feature.
- When logging in to TaxCaddy, you can select “don’t ask me for verification again on your computer/device” to have TaxCaddy remember it. This will make it so you don’t need to enter the security code when logging in on your device in the future. Two-factor authentication will remain enabled, and you will be prompted to enter a code when logging in to TaxCaddy from another device.
- Don’t use the same password you use for another account. Keep your TaxCaddy password private.
- Be sure to change your password whenever there is a possibility that someone else may have gained access to your password.
- Ensure your security questions and answers are strong and not easy to guess.
- If someone is attempting to gain access to your account, consider updating your security questions.
- Emails from TaxCaddy will end in @taxcaddy.com. If you receive a suspicious email about TaxCaddy or an email that appears to be from TaxCaddy but is from a different email domain, please forward it to email@example.com and mention “suspicious email” in the subject line.
Q: Why do I need to go through two-factor authentication every time I log in?
A: You will use through two-factor authentication when you initially log in to your TaxCaddy account or if you are logging in to TaxCaddy from a different device. When logging in you have the option to select “don’t ask me for verification again on this computer/device.” This allows TaxCaddy to remember your device so you don’t need to enter the code when logging in on this specific device in the future. Two-factor authentication will remain enabled. When logging in to TaxCaddy from a different device, you’ll be asked to enter a code to log in.
Q: Who should I contact if I have questions?
A: We’re here to answer any questions you may have about TaxCaddy. There are two methods to get help or answers to your questions about TaxCaddy.
- Contact Aldridge Borden & Company.
- You can call your Aldridge Borden & Company office during normal business hours and ask to speak with one of our TaxCaddy specialists.
- Send us a message through your TaxCaddy account. We will respond within two to four business hours.
- Contact TaxCaddy. Please note TaxCaddy provides assistance electronically only.
Aldridge Borden’s Tax experts, Rhonda Sibley (L) & Cathy Mozingo (R)